Sunday, August 29, 2010

The "Ideal" Student- according to Mighty Matt

In my opinion, the ideal student is a student who not only is responsible for his/her assignments, but is involved in extra-curricular activities and has a good balance between the two.  The ideal student doesn’t take “cake” classes and doesn’t drop out of a class, unless it is due to a serious issue (problems with scheduling, etc.). They also make decent grades.  The ideal student is also aware of the vast amount of resources that are available to use for homework, studying, and/or research.  

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your definition of an ideal student. Being aware and taking advantage of the resources available can be the difference between an "ok" student and a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I'm a little mad because I've managed to delete my comment before finishing it, not once, but twice now, but its whatever.

    I pretty much agree with your definition. I think one cake class is alright. I took one last year, (albeit, it was a required class) and at first, I hated it and felt it was a waste of my time. Then I realized that I could use it to relax after my other classes or to do homework.

    I also like your comment about resources. I never considered that, but now that I think about it, you'd be surprised how many people I know who have never been in a library

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, Lindsey and Toby, Thank you for your post and comments. I'm sorry Toby that your comment was lost -- Sometimes if I'm unsure about my connection or I haven't yet signed in, I copy my text to my clipboard so that I can always paste it back in if it gets lost.

    I like the detail that you, Lindsey and Toby, provided on your comments to Matt. You pointed out what you agreed with and explained why you did. Remember it is also ok to disagree :) We may not always agree with one another... that's when life gets interesting.... :)

    Dr. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your definition of the ideal student, but I also agree with Toby the one "cake" class is acceptable. If a student takes too many hard classes, it would be harder for them to focus on other activities outside of the classroom which is important to being a well-rounded student.

    ReplyDelete